Elected Officials, Press, & Interested Citizens –
The following is the agenda for the New Meadows City Council meeting to be held on August 13, 2012 at 7pm. A link after the agenda will lead you to the City Council 42 page packet.
AGENDA OF A REGULAR CITY OF NEW MEADOWS CITY COUNCIL
MEETING TO BE HELD AUGUST 13, 2012, AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 401 VIRGINIA, NEW MEADOWS
- Roll Call
- Welcome & Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Invoices & Time Sheet Review
- Review & Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes
a) July 9, 2012 Regular City Council Meeting
b) July 19, 2012 Special City Council Meeting
c) July 18, 2012 P&Z Meeting Minutes (Review Only)
- Communications & Reports: (No final actions can be taken on these items unless specifically listed on the agenda. These reports are for informational purposes only.) – Mayor, City Council, Sheriff, County Commissioners, Engineer, Public Works, Animal Control, City Clerk / Treasurer, Office Assistant, & Mail Bag Items.
- Public input: Members of the public may offer input on city-related items that are not on the agenda for public hearing. Please keep comments to three minutes. Any item requiring City Council action must be placed on a future agenda for consideration. Comments regarding the performance by city employees are inappropriate at this time and should be directed to the Mayor by appointment after tonight’s meeting.
- Senior Center Discussion: Penny Dreyer will address the council regarding the Senior Center and its operations.
- Labor Day / SAVES The Day Storage Building Update: Linnea Hall or Larry Peterson will address the council regarding the construction of a storage building near the city shop.
- North Commercial Avenue Construction Time Line: Discussion on timeline and process for constructing North Commercial Avenue next summer.
- East Katherine Ditch Work: Mayor Spelman will address the council on the progress of the ditch work on the east end of Katherine Street and discuss future work.
- Industrial Park Grant Services: Discussion / Approval of a Letter of Engagement with Walter Steed & Associates in the planning process and financial and construction to the existing Industrial Park.
- Industrial Park Survey: Discussion / Approval of a “Not to Exceed” quote for surveying of the Industrial Park for grant purposes.
- Grader Lease / Purchase: Discussion / Approval of purchase of a Road Grader to commence October 1, 2012 using a piggy-back process.
- Authorization for Credit Card: Discussion / Approval of Authorization to change the name on the city credit card / reapply with Sterling Savings Bank Visa.
- COLA Pay Increase: Mayor Spelman would like to discuss a Cost of Living Increase for City Employees.
- Agenda Items for next meeting: A discussion by the board to have items added to the agenda for the next regular meeting, and / or to set a time, date & place for a special meeting.